Перейти к содержимому

Фотография

Trying to Fix an ISPs Routing Problem...

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
В этой теме нет ответов

#1 joejonsme

joejonsme

Новичок

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 28 Май 2018 - 14:59

Hello,

I run a web server at work. It has two duties. Serve web pages and scan incoming e-mail for viruses. Since our traffic volume for both is pretty low, the machine is put to task on this does the job wonderfully. The problem occurs somewhere in our ISP's network, and I'm trying to figure out exactly how this problem could occur. The web server in question has an real IP and one fake IP. The real IP is public to the Internet and has filesharing unbound from the adapter and port filtering turned on and only 25 and 80 are open (I even scanned it multiple times to make sure). The private IP is a 10.xxx IP with subnet mask 255.0.0.0. This is so I can connect to the server from the Internal network and update the site and do maintenance (this is not the ideal situation personally, so this is the only other choice) .Anyway, the problem is thus.Our ISP gives us real IPs (6 of them so it's a 255.255.255.248 subnet). However, most of this ISPs clients are catholic grade schools in the area and they do not trust them, they give them all. The problem has come up recently that anyone in the ISPs private network (we suspect 10.xxx) can not connect to our web server. However, I can connect from home, my sister can connect from Boston University (note my Tribus) and another friend from the University of Dayton. most of the ISPs clients are catholic grade schools in the area and they do not trust them, they give them all. The problem has come up recently that anyone in the ISPs private network (we suspect 10.xxx) can not connect to our web server. However, I can connect from home, my sister can connect from Boston University (note my Tribus) and another friend from the University of Dayton.most of the ISPs clients are catholic grade schools in the area and they do not trust them, they give them all. The problem has come up recently that anyone in the ISPs private network (we suspect 10.xxx) can not connect to our web server. However, I can connect from home, my sister can connect from Boston University (note my Tribus) and another friend from the University of Dayton.This tells me the web server is reacting to requests, except those coming from our ISPs private network. I beleive what is happening is that our web server is receiving requests routed to it with a private address (10.xxx). When it tries to send back a response, the server is sending it to the local subnet instead of it's public interface out to our router.The question is:how do I fix this? I know I could easily disable the internal (private) NIC and that would fix the problem, but I've been told no FTP (obviously if that's the only way to fix it. I'd like to find an alternate solution. Not understanding enough about routing (I have a general knowledge of college, but I have not got a deal with it for a while) I would think that this whatever NAT device they are using would change the packets so the source for the SYN packet would look as though they are coming from the NAT device. However, they might not be using NAT, and that would complicate things.Any ideas?but I have not got a deal with it for a while) I would think that this whatever NAT device they are using would change the packets so the source for the SYN packet would look as though they are coming from the NAT device. However, they might not be using NAT, and that would complicate things.Any ideas?but I have not got a deal with it for a while) I would think that this whatever NAT device they are using would change the packets so the source for the SYN packet would look as though they are coming from the NAT device. However, they might not be using NAT, and that would complicate things.Any ideas?

Please help

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:

Thank you

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных